- Nutiva’s all-natural cold filtration process yields a pure, light-tasting, nutrient-rich, non-hydrogenated oil without the use of hexane or other dangerous chemicals
- USDA certified organic and non-GMO shortening is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin E with 0 trans fats and cholesterol
- Great for baking, frying, and sautéing and is an excellent alternative to butter; or use it to produce a deliciously flaky pie crust
- An ideal addition to Whole30, vegetarian, vegan, Kosher, paleo-friendly, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets
- Nutiva stringently adheres to USDA guidelines and partners with small, well-established, organic family farms in Ecuador to source and process responsibly harvested red palm fruit with absolutely no deforestation, habitat destruction, or monocropping for Fair for Life Certified red palm oil
Nutiva Organic Shortening is a versatile and nutrient-dense mix of our organic, fair trade, habitat- and rainforest-safe red palm and cold-pressed coconut oils. Our shortening is rich in antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin E, and has 0 trans fats and cholesterol. Unlike other products on the market, ours is never bleached or deodorized using hexanes or other harmful chemicals. Our red palm oil is a fairly traded product, sustainably grown on small family farms in Ecuador that have been worked by the same families for several generations. This socially aware and ethical approach to farming assures that no habitats are harmed. Use as an alternative to butter for baking, frying, or sautéing. Our shortening is a wholesome addition to vegetarian, vegan, Kosher, paleo-friendly, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets. Nutiva was founded in 1999 with a single purpose in mind - to Revolutionize the Way the World Eats. Our role is to produce and promote organic, nutrient-dense foods that are good for you and good for the planet. Social and environmental responsibility is a core part of Nutiva’s culture and business. From sourcing organic products, to obtaining fair trade certification, to greening our facilities and operations, to funding tree planting at schools in our local community, we are constantly seeking ways to better protect our environment and ensure a better quality of life for employees, customers, and the communities we serve.